The Historic Hartman House Inn in Boulder Creek, California - BUYER BEWARE

13025 Pine St, Boulder Creek, CA 95006, USA

Not an inn, not a farm, not a B&B, as advertised. We paid luxury hotel prices for an old, uncomfortable cabin. Owner refused to refund our money.

1. An old, small, one-room studio cabin. Hot and stuffy. Comparably priced lodging in the area includes the Hilton. Don’t believe the photos or the slick advertising verbiage: “For those who want a little more luxury and amenities than the average vacation rental, this is the cottage for you!” Uh, no.

2. Kitchen has a mishmash of dinnerware and dishes. A very small microwave, NO coffeemaker (even budget motels provide a coffeemaker). Not a B&B as claimed. Guests are encouraged to pick fruit. “Amenities” listed include hot water, hangers, and free street parking.

3. I tripped over the rug in the seating area which doesn’t lay flat and is unsafe. Our reservations were for five nights, but we left before we had even unpacked.

4. This facility is advertised on some sites as a farm, but the zoning code is R-1-15-L, NOT an A-1 which would be appropriate for a farm. This so-called “farm” is in a residential neighborhood on a ½ acre lot that includes three dwellings. There are donkeys, cramped into a compound, who don’t have grazing space.

5. We were charged an additional $75 for maid service. But we were also instructed to wash dishes and clean before we left. Rules posted required us to “remove our shoes” when entering. But all we had were hiking boots and my husband has an artificial hip.

6. I was denied a refund because it was “too late” to find a renter for late June. Tripadvisor calendar showed NO reservations (except one weekend) from June through October. (There may be reservations recorded elsewhere.)

7. Owner refused to refund my money (more than $1000) and said I was “threatening” her when I mentioned writing reviews. At all times we were polite and courteous. We will now file complaints with BBB and others.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: False and fraudulent advertising, Not a farm as advertised, Not a b&b as advertised, Not a one-bedroom facility as advertised, No luxury as advertised.